The Coliving Solution!
If you are looking for a flexible, affordable, fully-furnished housing option post-breakup or otherwise, we at Onward are big fans of coliving, a new concept exploding in NYC and other big cities. Here with five great reasons to give coliving a try: Onward partner, the coliving experts at Roomrs. Explore their properties at roomrs.co and their community at facebook.com/roomrsliving
What is coliving you ask? A phenomenon focused on the desire to create spaces that form authentic communities using intentional, community-style housing. It comes in many shapes and sizes, but in the case of Roomrs, it involves fully-furnished, shared apartments with utilities and amenities already included. Basically, the perfect solution for New York newbies or natives looking for an affordable alternative to the traditional apartment search. Need more proof?! Read on, we’ll convince you why Roomrs’ style of coliving could be right for you!
1) All you need is your suitcase - Whether you’re traveling across the country, or down the street, moving everything you need to furnish a new home is hard. With coliving, everything you need is provided for you. Furniture, bedding, basic dishware - it’s all included!
2) Utilities are included, too. In a typical new apartment scenario, not only is it on you to hunt for your new home, negotiate pricing, hire movers, make that inevitable trip to Ikea to buy furniture, lug said furniture back to your apartment, and somehow put it together, you are ALSO responsible for setting up your utilities with a number of companies. One for WiFi, another for gas and electric, yet another for water. . . and it can become tiresome and near impossible! With coliving, you don’t have to worry about any of that. Everything is all set up, ready for your arrival, and all looped into one easy, monthly payment.
3) Built in Community. Moving can be scary. Period. The transition often leaves you with lingering questions and concerns like… Will I meet people? Will I fit in? What will I do with my free time? Who will I hang out with? Coliving offers the answers to these questions and then some. When you move into a coliving apartment, you are embraced by an automatic community and network of individuals with similar goals and interests in mind. Not to mention an internal team that vets incoming members and landlords and has your back during your stay, so that you can feel completely secure. With the help of your new housemates, and fun events exclusive to members, you’ll find your niche in no time.
4) Member Benefits. If all of that wasn’t enough, many coliving companies also offer additional perks to the members of their communities.. In Roomrs’ case, we offer discounts and benefits to local neighborhood businesses (such as coffee shops, restaurants, and leisure activities), and national partners, including grocery services, fitness studios, co-working facilities and more, to make your life easier and more affordable.
5) Flexible Lease Terms. Coliving enables you to live life with the freedom of flexibility. With Roomrs, you aren’t required to commit to the standard, year-long lease. Instead, you can choose from leases ranging from 3 to 12 months, and decide to extend from there. So whether you’re looking for a place to stay during a short transitional period, or you’re interested in a new, more long-term home, coliving companies like Roomrs make it easy to find exactly what you’re searching for.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com for more information, or to view our current vacancies.